The investment and development company Passerinvest Group opened a multimedia room for the presentation of BB Centrum localities in Prague 4, unique in Europe. The multimedia room “BB CENTROOM” will be going up in the Brumlovka building in BB Centrum on an area of 45 m2 for the realistic and timeless presentation of the past, present and future of the development of BB Centrum. Through the untraditional curved projection wall (7 145 x 2 500 mm) with immersive projection (180 degrees) on an area of 14.3 m2, visitors get the feeling that they are part of the projection. The intensity of the experience from the presentation is heightened by a realistic 3D plastic model of BB Centrum, made on a scale of about 1:450.
The BB Centrum model uses both internal LEDs highlighting buildings, as well as video mapping with the use of two synchronous projectors. The panoramic projection is made using three synchronised projectors in edge-blending regime and the overall atmosphere of the presentation is supplemented by special sound equipment for surround sound. Each presentation makes full use of all the installed elements, i.e. the LED illumination of the model, video mapping and panoramic projection with sound.
The extensive content comprises more than 20 hours of material, from which the videos and visuals were prepared in an overall length of 60 minutes. During the virtual tour, it is possible to switch to any of the chapters of the development of BB Centrum, from the past and the present to the plans for the future. Thus, the virtual tour makes it possible to shorten the classic more than two hour tour of the complex into a few dozen minutes.
“I am very glad that we decided for this innovative and, in our field, untraditional type of presentation. BB Centrum is our company’s flagship project. We are building a modern and sustainable Prague neighbourhood here. Through the BB Centroom multimedia room, we are able to realistically show and debate over the development of the infrastructure and urbanism with regard to the future development and further generations. We are sure that the investment of nearly CZK 12 million into this showroom will supplement the already-invested funds into the entire BB Centrum complex and will be another benefit for both the general and professional public as well as for our company’s business activities,” stated Radim Passer, the founder and CEO of Passerinvest Group.
Thanks to the projection, visitors can be transported to the past for a few minutes and learn something about the history of this locality in Michle. The presentation takes them through the origin and development of BB Centrum, from its individual phases up to the planned projects, both from the perspective of housing or the offer of office space, and from the perspective of the overall civic amenities. “Thanks to the well-chosen architecture, space was also created for a customer centre, which we will be actively using for our business activities. We can easily present what BB Centrum has to offer to our business partners or representatives of companies that are looking for modern new offices. The target group can also be the general public, however, interested in the offer of residential housing here or representatives of the public sector and state administration or students interested in urbanism, social responsibility, the environment, the modern city and infrastructure,” explained Vladimír Klouda, Executive Director, Passerinvest Group.
Passerinvest Group chose Xlab, in cooperation with the TEK TEK architects, Colsys systems integrator and Capexus, the supplier of the interior, for the entire concept and installation.
Technical specifications and supplementary information
- Ventuz, which handles all the graphical elements of the presentation, is the core of the dynamic 3D presentation. Ventuz works with multilayer displays in real time, and thus it is easy to develop presentations and add new videos, images and 3D elements in the future. The software runs on three powerful DELL servers and it is mutually interconnected, thus it synchronises the widescreen panoramic projection with the control of the 3D model, touch-screen control system and also controls the internal lighting of the room, which adapts to the given scene.
- The 3D model of BB Centrum made of special plastic by CNC cutting is lit by an LED strip for emphasising the BB Centrum buildings and also uses video mapping, provided by two synchronous Panasonic projectors. It took two months to build the model.
- The showroom is also equipped with a multifunctional meeting room with a powerful projector, which projects onto a slightly-curved panoramic screen. Here meetings with clients can take place without interruption, either on pre-prepared presentations or on the employee’s own materials.
- Creston was chosen as the control system for the entire space. All of the projection technology is provided by Panasonic projectors, which also use internal processing for warping-blending projections. The touch-screen technology for the control screen is EloTouch. All of the content, including the touch screen, is handled by Ventuz servers with powerful AMD cards installed in Dell workstations.
- The space also includes an internal LED panel used as an outdoor sign with an RGB dot pitch of 3 mm. It is interesting for its placement on a specially slanted structure, which fills the display area of 7.5 m2.
- The preparation of the project took a year, the construction itself two months and the installation of the technologies and the production of the content on the 3D model, which is precisely configured for the buildings in the model, another nearly two months.
- The filming took four days, photo documentation five days. Drones with 8K cameras were used. Twenty hours of material were filmed.
- So far 60 minutes of total content has been made for the projection, with an optimal presentation lasting on average 30 minutes.
You can get more information and photographs in print quality from:
Kristýna Samková, Head of PR and Marketing Department
PASSERINVEST GROUP, a.s.
Tel.: (+420) 221 582 111
Crest Communications a.s.
Mobile: (+420) 731 613 669
About the company
PASSERINVEST GROUP, a. s., is a purely Czech development and investment company, whose name is primarily connected with the realisation of the multifunctional BB Centrum complex in Prague 4 – Michle. The company, established by Radim Passer in 1991, built a very good reputation both on a local and international level with this, the most successful and extensive project of its kind in Central Europe. This is not only to the credit of the quality of the realised projects and the high level of the provided services, but also due to the sense of fair play, a customer approach and especially responsibility to the society and the environment. PASSERINVEST GROUP also has other interesting investment and development projects in its portfolio, as well as projects that serve the general public and citizens of Prague.